“Ask any girl on the street what womanhood is about, and you’ll get a blank stare in return. No one knows. Young women are devoid of vision beyond popularity, material wealth, a cute boyfriend or a dream career. Even in Christian circles, significant questions are often left unanswered: What’s the point of purity? Modesty? Femininity? What’s biblical womanhood? Most of all, girls wonder at the longing in their souls for something greater.”
This is an exerpt from Hannah Farver’s incredible book, Uncompromising: A Heart Claimed by Radical Love. This book was an encouragement and blessing to me – definitely my favorite book for young women – I hope it could be for you too! Also, if you are not part of Farver’s target audience, the book would be a fantastic gift for a young lady you love.
On Saturday, August 4th, I will be giving away one copy this book. Here’s how you could win it:
All the things listed below are worth 1 point. We’ll work on the honor system, so let me know through the comments which you have done… Most of the things I can check on as the admin ;) On August 4th, I will send Uncompromising to the person with the most points.
- Leave a comment sharing how you want to be a ‘Cause for Joy’, and ways you would like help to become more of that.
- Send a photo of your prayer journal, organized closet, cleaned bedroom, or organized school desk to firstname.lastname@example.org. 1 point for each
- Follow ‘Cause for Joy’ – you can do this via WordPress or through email (if you already are following the blog, you get one point).
- Get a friend to follow! Any young ladies you know who may benefit from this? 1 point for each friend.
- Mention ‘Cause for Joy’ on your blog, Twitter or Facebook. 1 point for each platform.
Remember, you don’t have to do everything on the list to win, I was just trying to give a variety of options. I’m so excited for whoever gets this fabulous book! It’s gold!
Grace and Peace to you in our Lord Jesus Christ.